We are a Polish electromobility company known in more than 60 countries around the world thanks to our EV solutions, laptop and smartphone batteries, power adapters, chargers and other accessories for mobile devices. We focus on the implementation of original projects, developed and designed by our in-house teams. Our dynamic development has been noticed, among others, by the Financial Times - this year Green Cell was among the 1000 fastest growing companies in Europe. We are driving the revolution in electromobility through building our own Green Cell ecosystem of products delivering fresh energy to our clients.
We are looking for an excellent Head of Legal & Compliance to add value to and be the “backbone” of our business. You will ensure that the company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organisation and facilitate business strategies development. The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
Responsibilities in this position:
- Providing expert and strategic legal advice to management.
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from a team of lawyers.
- Representation of group companies and related companies before state administration authorities, investors, financing institutions and other entities.
- Supervision over the course of court cases.
- Preparing analysis and legal research.
- Building an international capital group.
- Managing organization's legal matters.
- Supervision of foreign entities.
- Managing M&A projects.
- Due diligence.
- Long-term management of the group's M&A policy.
- Legal contacts with financing entities.
- Cooperation with Regulators.
- Ethics, anti-mobbing, anti-discrimination, whistleblowing.
- Being on top of legal and regulatory changes and maintaining that knowledge in organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Risk management and keeping a risk register.
- Supervising the creation, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures, especially in the area of corporate governance.
- Creating group IP policy.
- IP management within the group.
- Identification of the areas that can be covered by the IP.
To join Green Cell in this role it is necessary to have:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- 8 years of experience in a position related to the management of in-house legal services for an owner company and in the most notable law firms.
- Proficient legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Experience in IPO, PE and VC will be a great asset.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Employment contract.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of partial remote work.
- Support from a team full of fresh energy - nothing is impossible for us, and done is better than perfect.
- Challenges, interesting tasks, a wide range of technologies.
- The opportunity to participate in technologically advanced projects and a chance to quickly demonstrate your skills.
- Comfortable working conditions.
- Private medical care, MultiSport, life insurance (co-financing).